Thursday 4 April 2013

Update: Formatting and changes to the blog

So, I've written a decent amount of posts for this thing, namely about 15 up until now, and I'm starting to get a hang of writing down my opinions....except in the reviews.  For some reason I tend to rush these the most and they come out sub-par and they never really meet expectations for me.  I get sidetracked a lot and it's very messy when I try to organize it.  Sometime's it's easy, like NintendoLand, but sometimes it just ends up being a cluttered mess, aka this Rune Factory review I'm doing.  Unfortunately, I don't really have the time to change it, but thankfully this will be the last of the messyness in my reviews, as I have ome up with a new format to organize myself so it doesn't come off as messy.  Game Reviews will be split up into these subtopics, in this order:

Story & Characters

Gameplay

Graphics and Presentation

Things I really liked

Things I really hated

Overall Opinion and rating

Conversely, Anime Reviews will be formatted like this, in this order as well:

Story Synopsis

Characters

Art Style

Things I really liked

Things I really hated

Overall Opinion and rating

Also, my review scoring system will be changed.  i am now going over to the Angry Joe scoring system, making 5 now an average score, 6 aboe average, 7 is good and solid, 8 is great, 9 is seriously fantastic and 10 is masterpiece material.  So if I rate a game a 5, DONT THINK ITS TERRIBLE.  It's merely, average, as a 5 should be.  6 doesn't mean trash either, as it's above average, but nothing really that good.  The recommendations will stay the same though, for game reviews having either:

Buy It/Download It!

Look Into it! 

Or Stay Away!

And anime reviews will be slightly different, featuring:

Watch It/Buy It!

Look Into It!

 Or Stay Away!

For the most part the other segments will stay the same, as FIMP, NAG, and WOM are meant to be kinda just me speaking my mind, with no real formatting involved.  

I guess I should also announce that for the last month of June, I have plans for my last 8 blog posts.  First will be a 4 part review on my favourite anime of all time:  Death Note.  Then the next 2 weeks will be another 4 part review of my favourite game of all time: Twilight Princess.  I think this will be a fitting way to close off this blog, giving you a taste of my favourite anime and game of all time, finishing off what I've been meaning to talk about all this time.  

So for now I'll finish off the Rune Factory review as is, and give it a classic rating and score.  Just know after this things are gunna get a lot more organized and the blog's gunna improve on a whole.

Next Post:  UR & UA: Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny


No comments:

Post a Comment